Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Further evidence....

Last night was kids' night at the local Silver Diner, complete with pony rides. We had a pony ride, dinner at the diner, and then another pony ride. It was the best dinner out EVER.

When I was just out of college, I dated a man who thought I wasn't serious enough about important things like biking long distances, hiking, or rock climbing. I recall a weekend when he wanted to go out to the mountains, and I objected that it didn't sound like fun to me. Somehow my irritation at being forced into an outing that I wasn't interested in became known as my "search through the state park for a carousel." I wasn't really looking for a carousel -- I just wasn't interested in sitting quietly for hours while he attempted to scale every vertical face of rock we found. This was before it dawned on me that I could actually ALSO learn to rock climb -- a phase in my life that was very short, and ended when I turned out to be innately better at it than my first husband, but I digress.

In retrospect, that trip would have been a lot more fun, if there'd been a carousel. Or a 4-y-o to hang out with.

No comments: