Thursday, February 22, 2007

Has anybody seen my cow?

Wow, a few months go by fast! Shortly after my last post, I "came down ill" with something that nearly turned into pneumonia, and became an ear infection shortly after New Year's for my little boy, resulting in the fact that my hubby and I spent our anniversary caring for a puking toddler. Oh, the romance.

But the amazing things my boy has said in the last month boggle the mind. In particular, the following creative marvels spring to mind:
  • Mommy, I want-a you arm! When Noah was a newborn, one of the few ways that I could find to lure him into sleep long enough for me to, oh, I don't know, bathe or something was to very regularly and gently run my finger down the side of his face, from temple to chin, over, and over, and over.... And to this day, when he's tired, he'd like to rub his face on skin. Mine, if at all possible; his own, if mine isn't available. The result of this is that even on the coldest possible days, he wants to pull his sleeve up so that he can rub his face against his own inner arm.
  • BOO! This past weekend, Noah developed both comic timing and the ability to make an entrance. Three times, I've been jerked out of blissful sleep by a clever two-year-old standing at the side of the bed and shouting "BOO!" then watching his mother levitate and try to maintain bladder control. When I succumb to gravity again, he looks at me seriously an says, "Mommy, did I scare you?" No, kid -- Mommy ALWAYS wakes up 3 feet in the air.
  • The big W. A little boy at day care has developed a hopefully shortlived habit of rushing Noah and pushing him over, or using that blanket-with-a-bear-head-sewn-into-it like some kind of medieval flail to whack him in the head. Other boy's mother rushes in and insists that he apologize to Noah, but his answer this morning spoke volumes: "Oh, Jonathan -- WHATEVER." My boy....

No comments: