Friday, March 23, 2007

You are my best friend.....

We are all about Little Einsteins at our house. I mean, why wouldn't you be? Between the musical references, the art, and the problem-solving, I really can't argue with the kid for his choice of TV viewing. We have a dozen or more episodes in permanent rotation on our cable box/DVR setup, and in the morning while Mommy showers, the little guy often sits in the rec room watching little einsteins and eating a bagel.

One of the cutest episodes to get captured on the DVR recently is "Annie's Love Song," the story of two hermit crabs on the beach who are best friends and are separated when the red hermit crab is swept out to sea, and gets caught in a lobster trap. They find the red hermit crab by singing the Best Friend song, which has the words "You are my best friend - I love you!" It's catchy, and for the rest of the day, I'll find myself humming it. So the other morning we went upstairs to get out of pajamas and into clothes, and I was humming it, and Noah was humming it -- and so I started singing it, and out of nowhere, Noah grabbed his plastic microphone and began singing along, and suddenly there we were, singing this catchy duet to one another, just like Sonny and Cher singing "I've Got You, Babe" or something.

This morning, no singing, but we were all about eating "Floop-Loops."

No comments: