Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Flying solo....

Two weeks ago, I returned from vacation, having spent nearly 24 hours a day for 2 weeks straight with my little boy. Tomorrow morning, I do something I have never done -- I leave him behind for a two-day trip. I'm surprised at how hard it is to do this. It's the trip of a lifetime, though -- and something I'll share with him when he gets older, that will hopefully make him think that just perhaps, his Mama is one of the coolest Mamas on earth.

In the meantime, we're in the final month count-down to preschool, and not QUITE potty trained, but making tremendous progress. Backsliding was bad in Scotland, but he's back to nearly completely dry all day when prompted to go by his day care provider, and often into the evening. And today? Successful peeing standing up. Some resistance -- but overcome by floating Captain Crunch Crunchberries in the toilet for target practice.

This morning he informed me that Superman can't fly because he doesn't have feathers. Smart kid.

No comments: