Sunday, September 02, 2007

Let's wait until the last minute, shall we?

My boy is the master of the last minute. Just about the time that I'm certain that something's terribly wrong with him and he's going to fall way off the developmental curve, he takes one last deep breath and does whatever he's due to do as if it's nothing. He walked like that. He talked like that. I was ready for teh showdown of the century over the pacifier -- and he just handed it to me and walked away. It's crazy.

And so we went to preschool orientation on Friday, where I explained that Noah's been slow to get the hang of pooping in the potty. And today, with 2 days to go, he got it. Got it. I mean, just completely got it.

And as a reward, he now has Lightning McQueen AND Mickey Mouse underpants.

I just wish there were some way that he could telegraph his planned moves a little more, so that I don't fret quite so much about whether we're going to get there....

No comments: