Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Preschool Day 12: The Tide Turns!

This morning, the unthinkable happened. We got up, we got dressed, we got ready to leave, and standing in the hall, sippy cup of milk in one hand and racecar in the other, my boy turns to me and says words I never thought I'd hear:
Mom? I don't want to go to Car-Car's house. I want to go to SCHOOL!

I kvelled inside, but tried to look serious and replied with a casual "Okay. That sounds good." Out to the car, into the car, and onto the road.... As we drove, he began to request that I open and close various windows, but was in absolutely jovial spirits.
Until we got there. When he reminded me that he didn't want to be there, and though he marched in gamely to school, he did wail one time as I left him. On the other hand, this time I left him standing by himself in the classroom, not in the arms of a teacher. He didn't follow me down the hall -- he stayed, but he let out that one "I WANT MY MOMMY!" of indignation as I made my way to the door.
I think we just hit the upswing. Two and a half weeks? Okay, that's not too bad.

No comments: